Oil Leak and Tuning

Hi , sorry for lack of updates , i did a few runs up and down the local dual carriage way a few weeks ago. Smelt oil and got home to find allot of drips under car , so put car away in garage and ignored it.

Then thought the other day i had forgotten to put a dipstick in ! so its now fitted with on :)
Before taking it out for a run I also connected up the MAP sensor from ECU to ITB’s
I have for now just connected to one TB , so i am getting a bit of pulsing at low revs , so might have to link to all 4 at some point.

I am running MSExtra in ITB mode , so found out this should be connected , which I sort of noticed at my Fuel Map , as it had a major rise., which has not started to smooth out with 30 min for Auto Tuning with the MAP connected.

Still have hesitating on first part of acceleration.

I then also noticed oil leaking from around the oil pressure gauge connection on the block now , so that needs looking at .. so car back in garage for now

Busted Rad and first Drive

ok , things where going well , untill i saw some water spraying up around the radiator ,
closer inspection i found a fan bolt had come loose and worked its way into the rad ! :(

damaged rad

(my dad has since told me that he reminded me to check them before installing the engine )

so i popped a old radiator in for now and finished of wiring , and got it off the ramp ( clutch and gears seem good )


couple of vids , now the tuning starts , and finding out all the niggles

Engine is in the car !

old auto engine out (forsale)

daughter cleaning engine bay

had to attached auto engine to somthing :

time to go in :

and shes in :

As i had a Auto subframe , i was able to mount the engine 20mm lower that normal, this should give me plenty of clearance around bonnet , but has made it a little tight around clutch slave and subframe.

started fitting exhaust , then called it a day” alt=”” />[/IMG]

Test Machining of Valve Clearance on Pistons

ok been awhile, sorry about dead images , my google account got disabled so have moved images.

ordered dad a 32mm cutter of fleabay , this was to big to actually fit in is mill , so he modified it , :)

Then he cut a big peice of would at the correct angle for the piston to be mounted to ( to reflect valve angle , yes we think both inlet and exhaust are a little different on angle but not enough to worry)

also we are doing one size cutter for inlet and exhuast valves.

Wood jig at correct angle
close up , see modded cutter

Test cutting went well , valve centres where marked by sending tool down through valve guides on head and marking piston.

now tested on old piston , block and crank need machining now , so new +20 pistons can be fitted ,marked and machined.